Tuesday 12 July 2011

Independence

I remember my first glimpse of independence came from being allowed to pick up the house phone, soon after, realising I couldn’t speak my mother tongue well with random ‘Aunties' and consequently avoiding every phone call, diminishing my first real chance of responsibility. 

Next came being left alone in the house...for half an hour.  I put my favourite music on loud (maybe with a few swear words :o ), called my friends (all of whom were busy, why does that always happen when I’M free?) and then... KNOCK KNOCK, look through the window to see a random man standing at the front door.  Obviously a rapist.  Definitely going WITH Mum to Asda next time.

Then comes the time when your older sibling learns to drive.  Let’s go for a cruise!  Roll the windows down... “Ok, don’t attract too much attention.”  Blast the music... "Don’t blow my speakers!”  “We’re going to go the long way round to Asda, that’s our cruise!” YAY.

I think I’ll just stick to the privacy I get in the comfort of my own home, the only place I can lock myself away... in the bathroom.

1 comment:

  1. Hey!
    Dude where are you?! lol i'm missing your hilarious posts =(
    Come baaaacckkkk! =P Pretty please? =]

    ReplyDelete